A project to assist tourists with disabilities in the Historic Center of Cuenca will run until November of this year. The project will be overseen by the Ecuadorian National Commission for Cooperation with Unesco (Cominal). Cominal coordinates projects like these with the Ministry of Tourism and the Unesco regional office in Quito, to implement projects approved by the Unesco Participation Fund.The project that will have a budget of $ 15,000. In Cuenca, the plan is to work directly with tourist entities, such as the owners of accommodation establishments and food and drink providers in the Historic Center. In addition, the project…
Want to read the whole story?
Subscribe to The Cuenca Dispatch and gain full access to this story, weekly issues, plus the entire running archive! With your subscription, you will gain access to all the news you'll need concerning Ecuador as a United States expat.
Get access to our most read articles
- Cuenca expat scene is ‘changing before our eyes’
- Los Perniles
- Immerse yourself in Cuenca’s bountiful markets
- CRIME REPORT
- Ecuadorian named to Time magazine’s 100 most influential people list
- Cuenca identifies 7 most dangerous places to be a pedestrian in the city
- Global warming? Most of the hot air is generated by politicians
- IESS launches “primary care” concept to patients
- The American dream: The experience of an Ecuadorian woman who fell in love with your country.
- What should you bring to Cuenca?