If you are reading this article, then you have either already decided, or are soon to make up your mind to go for it and take the Ecuador plunge! Yes — for the most part — everything you have heard about the wonderful climate, inexpensive living, the U.S. dollar as the national currency, the colorful festivals and the fact that Panama hats are made here is true. If that were all there were to think about before you move to Ecuador, then there would not be any point for me to write this article. But nothing in life is ever…
Want to read the whole story?
Subscribe to The Cuenca Dispatch and gain full access to this story, weekly issues, plus the entire running archive! With your subscription, you will gain access to all the news you'll need concerning Ecuador as a United States expat.
Get access to our most read articles
- Cuenca expat scene is ‘changing before our eyes’
- Global warming? Most of the hot air is generated by politicians
- Immerse yourself in Cuenca’s bountiful markets
- Ecuadorian named to Time magazine’s 100 most influential people list
- Searching for origin of the word ‘Gringo’
- Cuenca will have a new Ludic Botanical Garden
- Catholic church opens its doors to the LGBTI community
- World class dining in Cuenca
- Ancient craft of ikat thrives in Gualaceo
- Putting down roots in Cuenca