If you are reading this article, then you have either already decided, or are soon to make up your mind to go for it and take the Ecuador plunge! Yes — for the most part — everything you have heard about the wonderful climate, inexpensive living, the U.S. dollar as the national currency, the colorful festivals and the fact that Panama hats are made here is true. If that were all there were to think about before you move to Ecuador, then there would not be any point for me to write this article. But nothing in life is ever…
Want to read the whole story?
Subscribe to The Cuenca Dispatch and gain full access to this story, weekly issues, plus the entire running archive! With your subscription, you will gain access to all the news you'll need concerning Ecuador as a United States expat.
Get access to our most read articles
- Cuenca expat scene is ‘changing before our eyes’
- Los Perniles
- Immerse yourself in Cuenca’s bountiful markets
- CRIME REPORT
- Ecuadorian named to Time magazine’s 100 most influential people list
- Cuenca identifies 7 most dangerous places to be a pedestrian in the city
- Global warming? Most of the hot air is generated by politicians
- IESS launches “primary care” concept to patients
- The American dream: The experience of an Ecuadorian woman who fell in love with your country.
- What should you bring to Cuenca?